Hello! I'm Amanda. I'm a Christ-follower, and my favorite things to do are read, write, sing, swim, and play with my cats. :) I appreciate you taking time to read my thoughts! In case you were wondering about the title of this blog, I simply chose it because love is always the answer. Anything can be fixed with love, and nothing is anything without it. :) Whether you are a Christian or not, I hope that my posts encourage you, as well as help you gain different perspectives. Have a spectacular day, and don't forget how loved you are. :)

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Be Real

These are some lyrics that I like from the song What If We Were Real by Mandisa:

"We keep trying to make it look so nice,
and we keep hiding what's going on inside.
But what if I shared my brokenness,
what if you shared how you feel?
And what we weren't afraid of this crazy mess?
What if we were real?"

Anyone would be lying if they said they were not going through trials right now. It's just a simple fact that everyone will have struggles in their life; it's something that can't be avoided. However, for some reason, we feel the need to act like these things don't exist. We worry that others will judge us, avoid us, treat us differently, give us crazy looks, and shame us, if we simply admit what we're going through. People also make the assumption that they are the only ones who experience their kind of pain. "You wouldn't understand", "you just don't get it", "you'll never know what I'm feeling". On the other hand, tons of other people understand what you're going through. We don't realize this, because we aren't willing to talk about these things! We all live on the same earth, therefore we all face similar problems. If you'll just speak up about what's on your chest, you will be shocked at how many people are experiencing the same thing. Holding onto a burden is only harmful. And seriously, I'm not saying you need to go stand on your roof and shout your problems to the whole world. But I guarantee you there are at least a few people in your life who will be completely happy to listen to you, and provide help if necessary. Find those people and talk to them! It will be so relieving when you let go of whatever is on your mind. Don't worry about what anyone will think of you--if someone does treat you badly because of what you've admitted, you have every right to ignore what they're saying. Don't let one person's silly opinion discourage you. 

Hopefully it's at least a little comforting to know that other people are going through your same struggles. Want to know something even better? God understands what you're going through as well. And He's there to support you 100% of the time. You can talk to Him whenever, you can read what He says about it, and you can take a swim in His sea of grace. ;) He's sitting right there next to you, waiting. He's always willing to protect, provide for, comfort, love, and embrace you. Friends are great...But they're still only people, and people are unreliable. God is reliable. He's beyond enough. He already knows the real you, so there's nothing you have to hide from Him. If there is absolutely anything on your chest, then I highly encourage you to pour it out to someone--or at the very least to God. :) And never be afraid to be real.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." ~Matthew 11:28-29~

"Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of sufferings are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world." ~1 Peter 5:9~

--Love, Amanda